Monday, May 19, 2008

endings and beginnings

we crashed back to earth (australia) a couple of days ago now (not really, was a relatively smooth flight/landing considering the other hellish flights on our trip) and are suffering from the impact. well, i certainly am. i feel like i have stars circling around my head like in a comic...only instead of stars it is things like 'job, house, car' that are circling overhead, with me watching them all dazed and confused and not sure what to do about it.

rohan seems less affected. he found me sitting idle on the couch the other day and started with, 'ainslie, this is quite a small house and there are two very messy people in it' (he means me and his brother), 'would you get up and unpack and sort' (two of the cruelest words those two). i gave him a level stare that could have meant a few things. then i had a brainwave - i would write a list!

anyway, i have written the list and yes, i have unpacked most of my stuff - i am still figuring out exactly what i am meant to sort though.

making our return to real life that extra bit harder was the decision we made to spend our last week of holidays in fiji. fiji is not unlike how i imagine heaven might be (if i imagined there was a heaven)...with a couple of exceptions. fiji has the kind of weather (wet and humid) which requires a small team of full time hair professionals to keep my hair under any semblance of control. i knew this going in, so i bought a 50 pack of bobby pins which i figured, with some skill on my part, should make me look semi-reasonable for the week. unfortunately, my handbag has turned into some kind of tardis with attitude on this trip and so said pins dissapeared pretty much straight away (mysteriously reappearing as we were to board our flight to oz), leaving me to look more and more like a local and less and less like the abundant sleek & tanned gap year students as the week went on. ho HUM.

anyway, about 1/2 way through the week i decided that it was high time (3 days after our 4 year anniversary) that i make rohan make an honest woman out of me. i proposed/suggested (we havent agreed on that one yet) and he said yep. with the frizzy hair and all!
he must love me : )

xxx

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger KateGroves said...

Dear Ains and Rohie,
Just read your news and are so happy for you both! Congratulations. Might I add that I ALWAYS thought you were an honest woman, Ainslie, but a ring always makes one feel much more truthful! Bet everyone is glad to have you back on "home" soil and that life will return to some semblance of normality soon. No more living out of suitcases and queuing at the airport in "other passports"...I had to let go of my Aussie licence the other day...feel like I'm letting part of myself go! Anyway, point of this was to say CONGRATULATIONS and wish you both loads of luck settling down in Bay Beach. I'm sure you'll be very happy there and it won't be long before you find yourself another dream job. Good luck!
Love Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home